Before I go into further depth, I want you to know that if there was anytime you thought God was far away from you, He wasn’t and He is closer than you think.
Let me say that again irrespective of how you feel right now, God is with you. There are certain seasons in our lives where we “feel” far from God. There are several reasons why we may feel distant from God.
A tough period or circumstance, been occupied with daily tasks, when we commit a sin. The feeling of guilt or you just feeling alone, the list is endless.
These are the things you need to do when you feel this way.
1. Recognize His presence, remember that God is there with you and He is for you. I will not leave you or forsake you. Deuteronomy 31:6.
2. Even when you don’t feel He is with you, know that He is there.
3. If you have done something wrong, just ask God for forgiveness; He will not condemn you, His arms are always open to receive you. Do not, however, take God’s grace for granted. This is where the devil tries to fill your head with thoughts in an effort to make you feel guilty. Don’t believe the devil’s lies.
4. If you’re going through a difficult time, remember that God is with you through it. He is nearer than you may believe. A song from casting crowns just came to mind 🎵I’ll praise you in this storm and I will lift my hands, you are who you are, no matter where I am. Every tear I’ve cried, you hold in your hands🎵”.
5. Read your Bible and pray consciously. When you’re on the go, listen to an audio Bible. Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. James 4:8.
Never forget that God is for you and that He is with you.
Pray with me