Hello amazing people, have you made some kind of decision today?
I’m sure you have. Consciously or unconsciously we are making a lot of decisions daily. You choose to have your bath, you choose what to wear, what you eat, where to go, you choose your friends, your partner, you even chose to read this write-up (Thank you for doing so 😊)
Every single day we make decisions, big or small. We are making them.
Sometimes we are uncertain if we are making the right ones, but we still have to go with one option.
Have you ever had to make a decision and you don’t know what to do?
Either the options are both good and you’re not sure what to do.
Neither of the options are good enough and you still have to make a decision.
What do you do when you don’t know what to do? Below are the actual things you need to do:
- Don’t be in a hurry to make that decision(if it isn’t urgent). Take your time to be sure of what path or what option you need to go with. It’s better to take your time than to jump on a decision you may later not be happy with.
2. Weigh your options
- What are the pros and cons. If you go with option A, what are the benefits? If you go for option B, what are the disadvantages?
If you have the time, write them down (this helps).
3. Seek good advice
- Emphasis on good, do you have people with great virtues that you look up to? They might be a friend, mentor, family or someone that you perceive has a vast knowledge on “that topic related to the decision you need to make”.
- Talk to them.
- Don’t just go to anybody; also don’t go to the people you feel will tell you what you want to hear.
- A good advice will guide you in making the right decision.
- This can’t be overemphasized, you need to talk to God about it, He hears you and He will help you. You might not see it but whatever decision you will make after talking to God about it becomes easy. (Prov 3:5-6)
5. Make your decision
- Go ahead and make your decision after you’ve done the above. Except what God is saying is that you wait.
If He gives a go ahead, please move.
In conclusion, whatever decision you make daily (be it small or big) you should feel at peace on your inside.
See you in the next one.